Saturday, May 24, 2008

Is May almost over? I'm ready for summer!!

I've noticed that many of us have slowed down a bit in the past month. Winter passed, spring arrived, and summer is knocking at my back door. In South Florida summer arrives much sooner than for most of you. Our temps have averaged in the mid 90's for the past week and a half.

My herb garden is doing great. Patience is my only problem. I want to just go out and pluck some herbs every day. You know that expression, "God isn't finished with me yet?" Well, that's my garden. Goin' strong, slowly! I have used some parsley and oregano though. THERE IS NO COMPARISON! Shauna, at Gluten Free Girl and Melanie, at The Gluti Girls inspired me to start the garden. Shauna's book is wonderful and has made me more conscious of what fresh ingredients I should use. Our growing season is very different than in Seattle so I can't always get the same fresh veggies from a local farmer that Shauna gets. I thank you Melanie, for guiding the construction of my 5' by 2' garden. It's on casters so we roll it in and out of the hot Florida sun as needed.

My weekly menu planning has continued strong. I need to start experimenting with more vegetarian menus. I want to like quinoa, I really do! The first time I made it I tried it naked. That was my first mistake! I welcome any ideas or links to good quinoa recipes.

I was asked to co-chair our next Palm Beach Celiac Support Group's 2nd Annual Gluten Free Expo. (Feb. 7, 2009) I am sending out my "feelers" to all of you. If you have had any luck with companies who want to market themselves please let me know. We had a great vendor turnout last year and we want to increase the number of vendors for the next one. Please send me ideas or links of contacts so I can start calling now. Hey, it's 90 degrees plus now but who wouldn't want a Florida vacation at the beginning of February? (I don't own a winter coat or a shovel!)

Just a quickie....I hope life is good and all is well in your world...

1 comment:

Jelai said...

Hey There,

My name is Jennifer Finley and I own a product called Gluten Free Abs.

I stumbled upon your website because I am looking for JVs and affiliates to help promote my product on clickbank. It is a diet/nutrition product that is converting EXTREMELY well!

We are offering a 75% commission on the product, and everything is paid out through Clickbank.com

Some more info:
SALESPAGE:
http://www.GlutenFreeAbs.com/video.html

AFFILIATE CENTER:
http://www.GlutenFreeAbs.com/affiliates

I would love to discuss this opportunity more with you. Feel free to email me anytime!

Best,

Jennifer Finley
www.GlutenFreeAbs.com

P.S. We have a full tech team and graphics department at our disposal to assist in adding banner images and links to your site. Just let us know how we can help!