Saturday, October 27, 2007

Gluten Free for ME! The Whole Kitchen!




It has been quite a while since I last posted. For a variety of reasons I've cut back on posting and I don't like the way it feels. I hope that my postings are enjoyable and easy to read. It seems like I don't get a lot of feedback via "comments." I want to fix it and would love some feedback, good or bad, from my celiac community.

As for my life, well, last weekend's wedding (Ellen, of www.iamglutenfree.blogspot.com)was glorious. The four sisters were together and it felt so good. There is truly nothing like family! Ellen looked absolutely stunning. My other sisters and I agreed that we don't know when she looked so gorgeous. I love this picture of us. People think that WE are the twins!(I do have a fraternal twin sister, no celiac) She arranged it so that at the rehearsal dinner AND the wedding reception, gluten-free meals were provided for three of us. Just a feel-good weekend in New England!

Regarding my kitchen, it's time to take another plunge. Yep. We are going gluten-free! Not just the small pantry but "the whole shabang." I consulted my husband and he agreed, that it is in my best interest to do this. I researched and found affordable CIRCULON INFINITE cookware at Macys.com. There are 3 bonus pieces that are wonderful also. All totaled, I'll have 15 pieces, including 5-6 lids. I will be tossing out EVERYTHING from the "other" pantry that contains gluten. Let me not exagerate. We're talking about cereals, breads, crackers, flours. There are so many other things in the pantry that pour (and so have not had cross-contact)so I don't mean empty the pantry, just rid it of GLUTEN. I am really excited about it and hopefully, my family will embrace it with me. My daughter in college paused when I told her. She may not be happy but I will be healthy.

Your suggestions on both counts: what part of my kitchen would you toss other than obvious...wooden everything that has had contact with gluten and teflon pans. AND, how can I increase traffic with my blog???
I wish you all well and hope that your Thanksgiving is a bountiful one, flowing with yummy gf food. Take care...

4 comments:

Li & David said...

Yay! There's nothing better than a gluten free kitchen! :) We are almost there - my hubby gave up wheat tortillas for rice, and won't buy any more gluten bread. His only hold-out is cereal, but he is only eating wheat free, and it's easily contained. Plus he has his own cereal bowl that he is solely responsible for...

It sounds like you have the kitchen pretty well covered as far as contamination. My only suggestion is don't forget about the barbecue - clean or replace the grill, and if you use charcoal, make sure it's safe.

Congratulations on your decision! Take care,

~Li

Faye said...

Thank you. I didn't think about the barbeque...and we barbeque a lot in Florida!!

Lynn Barry said...

I love the pics. I had a moment of doubt about continuing my blog and then I got an e-mails from someone who read my blog and wanted to comment on something and I realized people do read these things, they don't always comment. I started it for me and that is how it should be...if people read it great if not, it still helps to stay with it...can't wait to read about the wiping out of the gluten items...YOU GO FAYE!
Love ya

Anonymous said...

[url=http://seghan.ru/go.php?sid=2][img]http://banners.servized.com/current/gif/ed_720x90_1.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://old-drugstore.net/]What is/are Zovirax Tablets?[/url]
What are acyclovir tablets or capsules?
ACYCLOVIR (Zovirax®) treats unerring types of viral infections, specifically herpes infections. Acyclovir
will not medicament herpes infections; it desire relieve the sores rejuvenate faster and workers to release the pang or discomfort.
Now acyclovir is conceded to employees prevent the infection from coming back. Acyclovir also treats shingles
and chickenpox infections. Generic acyclovir tablets and capsules are available.

What should I ascertain my health care provider in front of I be involved this medicine?
They need to identify if you have any of these conditions:

•dehydration
•neurological condition
•kidney disorder
•seizures (convulsions)
•an unusual or allergic reaction to acyclovir, ganciclovir, valacyclovir, valganciclovir, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
•significant or distressing to get pregnant
•breast-feeding



[url=http://best-drugstore.aoaoaxxx.ru/][img]http://i079.radikal.ru/0910/b9/3f666eb40896.jpg[/img][/url]
























[url= ]buy cheap Zovirax overnightcheapest buy Zovirax online [/url]
buy Zovirax online bestellenFind Zovirax online purchase
[url= ]by buy Zovirax onlinecheapest place to Find buy Zovirax online [/url]
buy Zovirax order onlineFind Zovirax prescriptions online
[url= ]order buy Zovirax online clinic ukFind buy Zovirax online without prescription [/url]
Find buy Zovirax online cheapbuy Zovirax canada pharmacy online
[url= ]buy cheap Zovirax on linebuy Zovirax online [/url]
buy cheap Zovirax fedex overnightZovirax pill
[url= ]buy Zovirax generico onlinebuy cheap Zovirax fast [/url]
cheap Zovirax without prescription overnight deliveryordering buy Zovirax online
[url= ]buying Order Zovirax online without a prescriptionfree Zovirax online [/url]
Zovirax salezovirax side effects
[url= ]risks of buying Find Zovirax onlinecompra buy Zovirax generico online [/url]
buy Zovirax online salesbuy Zovirax online rezeptservice
[url= ]buy online order Find Zoviraxbuy Zovirax sales online specials [/url]
ordering Find Zovirax online scamsFind cheap Zovirax cod
[url= ]Find Zovirax discount onlineFind Zovirax buy online [/url]
buy cod cheap Zoviraxdiscount Zovirax
[url= ]how to Find buy Zovirax onlinebuy brand Zovirax usa online pharmacy [/url]
buy Zovirax pill onlinebuy Zovirax kaufen