Saturday, September 01, 2007

Ttg and more...






Well, it's been 3 weeks of work and I'm pooped. I love my job but it is physically exhausting.Running around after 11 3,4, and 5 yr. olds is meant for the young!I decided to report in on my follow-up visit at the gastro. The good news is that my Ttg is 1. Yep, that's it...a "1." Actually, he said that the doctor that wrote the report indicated NO PRESENCE OF SPRUE! Now, he knows that I have Celiac Disease, and you and I know that I do.....but how awesome is it that my intestines have healed enough to get those results? The dr. saw some scalloping and reported that to me immediately after the procedure. He did tell me that when my gp (referring physician) gets the results, to make sure he knows that I do indeed have Celiac, and that I'm doing a great job at being compliant! Okay enough cheerleading for me!

I promised that I'd report on my trip to Denver this summer. I went to a wonderful restaurant called Abrusci's in Wheatridge, Colorado, about 20 minutes from downtown Denver. I found them by GOOGLING gf restaurants in Denver. I ordered breadsticks with mozzerella cheese, calamari with gf breading (YUM), and a chicken dish. I ate every last morsel of food off of my plate. Hubby and I shared everything so he ordered off the gf menu as well.

The restaurant uses bread from Deby's Gluten Free Cafe, also in Denver. I drove to Deby's when my husband was at his conference. (I am brave!)I ordered breakfast, a breakfast burrito with sausage and eggs. The waitress gave me some french fries also. Then, I asked if I could sample the bread and the next thing I knew, there was a plate with every kind of bread they serve. They were all delicious! I ordered bread and gf oats to be shipped to Florida and sent a package to my sister Ellen.

When it arrived some of the bread was already spoiled. After dealing with the manager who kindly refunded my money I was still disappointed. From what I understand they are letting customers know about the possibility of spoilage AND that they were no longer responsible after the order leaves the cafe. In other words, the possibility exists that your order will sit in a very hot truck, increasing the chance of spoilage. I think I'm going to be smart next time and I recommend it for you also....wait until the cold of winter to place an order...that should take care of that glitch. The bread is wonderful and I recommend it. Just be careful when you order it.

I'm excited about the Palm Beach Celiac Support Group's first Vendor Fair on Saturday, February 2, 2008. Did I say 2008? Oy! I've contacted some companies for Lisa and will continue to do so. Meanwhile, if you know of any companies who are interested in FABULOUS exposure, please let me know. We anticipate approx 500 people as Orlando and Tampa's support groups will be attending. Spread the word!

Hope all is well in your worlds! Take care and be safe....

2 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

CONGRATS on the great DR news. Good for you! I mean, the managing your lifestyle part. YAHOO! HUGS

Lisa said...

Congrats on the great results!!! and thanks again for all your help!