Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it! (thanks Pointer Sisters!)


Good afternoon. I know that I blogged two days ago but I just had to share an awesome experience with you. Last night, we went to my daughter's high school yearbook dinner. As a senior, she opted to bring her parents. Maggianos is the name of the Italian restaurant, with family style dining. We alerted the caterer of my situation so I'd have food to eat.

When I walked into the restaurant and was introduced to our waiter I was relieved. He was Johnny on the spot, ready to help. I ordered plain, grilled salmon and steamed broccoli. Everyone else ate pasta galore, breaded chicken, and chicken marsala AND it didn't bother me one bit. Toward the end of the meal I remembered (thanks to my gluten free diet) that someone told me they had gluten free pasta. I asked the waiter, and within 10 minutes, a steaming bowl of rotili shaped pasta with butter and parmesan was sitting in front of me. As you can imagine I was bursting with joy. It is absolutely the ONLY restaurant I've ever been in that provides gluten free pasta.

So, with that said, I'll keep this short and sweet! Maggianos are located all over the country. Click on the link and follow your nose to the nearest Maggianos. Ciao!

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Wow! That is amazing! I can't wait to follow suit - you can be sure I will do so very soon - thanks for the tip oh sis of mine!

love, me

mare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mare said...

They have one in Durham NC, where my guy lives!!

I'm SO excited!!!

Faye said...

Mare and Ellen,

If I can bring a smile to your faces, knowing that we can actually eat safe pasta outside of our homes, that my dears, if what this is all about!

Lisa said...

OOH MY GOD! I'm going there tomorrow....

Lynn Barry said...

YAHOO!!! MUST HAVE BEEN SO EXCITING FOR YOU~ HUGS