Saturday, February 24, 2007

Great Saturday morning!

Writing you from sunny (70 degree)South Florida, I awoke this morn quite refreshed. Actually, tidied up a bit, put up my very first bread from ANNA into my new Breadman Pro....am waiting for the beeps that tell me it's done! I ate a GLUTINO bagel this morn. I've tried many and this one seems to mimic the "real" thing. I toast it, smear on some Smart Balance and enjoy! As Ellen used to say, I toast it until it becomes unrecognizable. I've tried Kinninnick raisin bagels and they are mediocre in comparison...go for the GLUTINO ones if you want an old fashioned bagel. My chicken caccitore (sp?) came out fabulous. Again, my sister suggested that I use the MUIR GLEN fire roasted tomatoes. OMG what a flavor. Don't miss out on this one! The rest of today I'm going to find something to cook that will feed my inspiration to stay compliant. I have all sorts of flours in the pantry....maybe a cake or cookies or how about mandelbread. You know, the hard, biscotti-like cookie that you can dip into coffee or just enjoy by itself....well, wish me luck...if I discover a good recipe I'll photograph and share...happy Saturday...p.s. thanks so much for the comments...they all actually brought me to tears...I'm really not alone any more!

8 comments:

mare said...

Silly woman - you never had to be alone. I think that's what your darling Ellen was trying to tell you.

Now, that mandelbread - sounds just like my cuppa tea! Get right on that, would you (pretty) please?

Jean Layton-GF Momma said...

Hi Ellen,
Welcome to a whole new world. I have found so much support and just plain joy in the blog world. There are new sources of information daily and so many new recipes. I would love your mandelbred when you get it done. Miss that.

Lynn Barry said...

Faye,
I had to be nagged into blogging about my intolerances but once I did I found a community of others who are dedicated to making it all work and feeling the best they can feel and it sure makes it easier and lots and lots of fun.HUGS

Faye said...

Thanks mare...I searched all day on google, looking for a mandelbread recipe that was already congifured without gluten...no luck...so tomorrow morn, I'll tackle it by making substitutions...

Jean, actually..my name is Faye and my sister is Ellen...her blog is Iamglutenfree.com...it's given her a lot of support so I jumped on the bandwagon....thanks for your support as well.
Faye

Faye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellen said...

Yum yum yum. Love those biscotti. I have a chocolate chip biscotti on my blog - if you go to it, at the top of the blog page there is a search engine. Just pop in chocolate or chocolate chip or chocolate chip biscotti! Go to town girl - they're SO easy and rewarding too. Great for dunking in coffee. You'll be glad you did. And so will everyone else who gets to eat them!

amelia said...

Hey Aunt Faye -- I'm so glad you're choosing to share your experiences with the world -- I'll definitely be reading, and thinking fondly of you and the rest of the family -- Much love! Amelia

Faye said...

Thank you Amelia. Actually, I can't wait to "publish" again. Maybe I'm really a frustrated writer! Miss you....